First Thing First:
Linux is NOT Windows.
What does it mean?
As explained on What is Linux page, while both Linux and Windows operate the machine that you have (both of them are car drivers), they do have different names, different features and different way to handle everything (drive the car).
Linux vs Windows
- Unlike what you may think (your first impression) about Linux being hard, that is not true. Linux is very easy to use and learn.
- Linux is very Secure.
- You do not need to worry about Viruses as you get by default the most powerful Anti-Virus in the world and it is called Linux Kernel which is the core/heart of Linux System.
- Linux is very stable.
- Linux is very fast.
- Linux Updates make Linux work better, faster and more stable.
- Linux is totally free of charge, you do not need to pay anything in order to get it and use it. You can download it from the internet, try it before you install it and if you like it, you can install it. YES, all that for free.
- Linux Support is totally free, you don't need to pay anything in order to get your problem solved.
- Linux is a Community Project and it has a vast and huge Community, it does not belong to a company nor someone. It is for everyone to use and improve and promote, etc.
- Linux makes your life better, easier and more fun.
- Whenever you have problems with Linux, you do not need to format and re-install. Few steps and your problem is fixed.
- Linux has lots of applications, unlike you may think of about it. The name of the applications could be different but you can have the same functions you used to have with Windows, if not more and better.
- Linux is being used to backup Windows and rescue your data/files whenever a machine with Windows is down.
- Linux gives you 100% freedom to do and use whatever you want. NO more limitations.
- Linux is for human beings.